Thursday, March 19, 2009

Busy Week!!!!!

I am so happy to write that!!

It is spring break in Oklahoma so the class the I teach is canceled for the week. The Doc decided to take a vacation and asked me to cover his practice Tuesday through Friday!! OF COURSE I WILL! So, I have been treating his patients the last 2 days and have acquired 4 more new ones of my own! Funny how that happens when you have some control over the phones.... (Trying to figure out how to deal with this in the future.)

The only rough patch has been that the girl that does his therapies decided to not come to work yesterday. She told the front desk girl Tuesday night that there were no patients scheduled so she was going to take the day off. (Little shit is the one that scheduled them the day before.) Therefore, the front desk girl did not hurry in and did not make it in to work till about 10 am. I ended up checking people in, doing therapies and the adjustments....I was not thrilled.

I was going to tell Little Shit that that was not professional and that she needs to behave the same whether Doc is here or not because it is still his patients coming in, but I was so busy this morning that I did not get a chance to. Doc called however, and front desk girl told Doc about Little Shit and the situation. Then asked me about it. So, at least he knows. He won't do anything, but I fell better anyway. So I left it alone and went on with my day.

I am now here alone as they have the afternoon off, and I have one of my new patients scheduled to come in in 30 minutes.

So that was the good work news...
At home I have been busy getting ready for my garden. It has been tilled and pre-watered and I am now at the daily nagging stage to the husband to bring me the manure from across the road so that I can re-till and re-water to be ready to plant in April. In fact, my strawberries have already arrived and will need to be planted this weekend.

The chicken house is no closer to being ready. I wanted a fenced outer area for them to help prevent murder by my dog, but think I may have to go ahead and just get the chicks and see how it goes. ??? Got a lot to do and don't know if it will all get done. The garden comes first I guess and if there is time, I might make it to the chicks...

Baby is doing good. She wants to walk so bad!! She just won't try it on her own. She insists on being walked around the house while she holds your fingers. That is only fun for about 2 laps, then the back starts to hurt. :) But if you stop and sit her down she can throw quite a fit!! She is also working on 2 more teeth. This time it is second set of top I-teeth. They haven't been near as bad as the first top teeth, but still a little fussy.

Anyway, that's a quick update of my life.

Oh, but sadly, have to add another to the death toll...Another one of the horses died.. Sadly it was from a twisted gut, where the other had died from old age. The Hubby doctored him, but there is not anything you can do for a twisted gut. We are now down to 2 horses, and one of them is mine, which is not really broke well enough to use. The cow death toll also continues to rise. All from old age birth complications. Boss man really didn't manage his herd well. But he seems frustrated at my husband that there are so many dieing. Hello! Cows are not supposed to live to be 15!! You are lucky that they have! Hopefully Hubby can do a little herd management so that next year isn't so rough.

Hope everyone is well.
Thank you for all your positivity and thoughts and wishes for me to have a successful practice. It helps get me through the down time!

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear things are picking up for you this week!

    we are going to let our chicks free range during the day and put them in at night. we were lucky to pretty much have a pre-made chicken coop for us though.

    i'm sorry to hear about the animals that are dying. it is never easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. Life is good. Glad to hear someone has an upswing week.

    ReplyDelete