Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update

Not much is new in my world, yet I don't seem to be able to find the time to post. Mostly because my daughter is old enough now that she requires lots of play time and doesn't let me do much without her. So I spend my time sitting on the floor with her. I have tired to take the laptop onto the floor with me but she finds it more interesting than her toys and insists on trying to punch the buttons like Mommy.

Work has been INCREDIBLY SLOW. So much that I don't know if I will be able to pay the next months rent or not. I haven't been able to pay myself for the last 3 months and I have been living off of my credit cards. And I just checked the balance on them while paying bills last night and found that they have about been maxed out, so now I am even more screwed. My husband does help me out, but we have done everything separate for the past 5 years. I enjoy being self-sufficient and am very uncomfortable asking for money. I don't think he minds helping me, but I am tired of asking. I need things to turn around. I am trying to do things that will help. I am trying to get involved in both of my communities (the one I live in and the one I work in) to help get my name out there. Hopefully that will help, since the economy doesn't look like it is going to get any better.

What else?

Cows and calves are doing ok. About half way done with the calving now.
I am going to get my garden plot tilled up this weekend so that I can get ready for spring planting in April. I also am working on getting my chicken house fixed up because I need to get some baby chicks ordered soon. I am also looking for free kittens to start my cat herd!!

I need to run to the grocery store and get some new fruits and veggies for the Baby. I think we will try some Kiwi and whatever else looks good and fresh. She tried baked potato last night and loved it. It is so fun to watch her learn and grow!

Humm. That is all I know right now. I need to get off the computer and get back to some office work.

ta ta for now

3 comments:

  1. Ugh I wish I had a magic formula to give you for patients. Are you involved at the schools? How about a church?

    ReplyDelete
  2. although i know it seems bleak at the moment, try hard to stay positive. my chiropractor, who has been established for some time in our area, has seen a dip in his patients as well. he thought it was because we had a bad winter, but i believe it is the economy...which in a way seems weird considering that insurance will often cover chiropractic work nowadays...

    we are thinking of getting chicks this year too. we don't have a coop though and have been thinking of letting them free roam, although are still undecided. i'm excited to have home-grown eggs. :) I just tilled my garden this weekend, and plan to throw some manure on it some time this week and till again. i'll probably have to till several more times because weeds grow so quickly!

    i'm excited to get in to the fun that spring brings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl Scouts and 4H are a winning pair for community involvement-- also get to know your local public health providers. Maintain. It is slow everywhere.

    ReplyDelete