Why am I so tired? I got the baby to sleep and slept for an hour and a half myself. I need to put her to sleep, then get off my butt and do some stuff, but its like the baby oozes tryptophan and I have to sleep as well...? It's not like she keeps me up all night. I usually get her to sleep around 10, she nurses once in the night and goes right back to sleep. Then she nurses again about 6:30 and I get up and get ready. It's more sleep than I ever got while in Chiropractic school, yet I am always tired. I don't get it.
So, today, I took my 7 month old daughter to work with me. I only work half days on Mondays and Wednesdays at my office because I teach Anatomy in the afternoons. Only today, classes were canceled because of the holiday. So, since things at the office are so slow since the holidays, why waste the money on the babysitter. I packed her and a couple toys and off she went. She is such a good baby. Even when she is rubbing her eyes and very tired, she will still just smile at you and keep going. Everyone loves her!
I lease office space from a Chiropractor. I have 2 rooms. One for adjusting and one as my office. I pay rent monthly, at least I did... In October, I covered some patients for the Doc. It had already been established in our contract, that the pay would be 15 dollars/pt if we treated each others patients. Ok. Great. So, I wrote him a check for my November rent, and assumed they would write me a check for the work I had done. Well, they never cashed the check and wanted to take out what they owed me in the rent. K. No problem. However, it has not happened. They didn't cash my November rent check, they wouldn't accept my December rent, and now, the middle of January, and still, I have not paid rent. This probably wouldn't bother most people, except I am neurotic... I want to pay my rent. I want to be up to date on this issue. I tried to write them a check for rent today and they still said to wait, that they were trying to figure it out still. So, I owe them about 1700 dollars in rent, and they owe me about 500 dollars in labor. Just let me write the dang 1200 dollar check please. Oh well. It is all new for everyone and they are well off enough I guess it doesn't bother him. This Chiropractor I am leasing space from has been in practice for 25 years and has never been in this situation with another doc in the office. So, I think all is still well. I am just sitting here with money burning a hole in my pocket...
I guess that is all I know today. Hoping for more patients soon, cause the office is getting pretty boring. My classes start on Wednesday. I forgot. I should make sure my lesson plans are done.
P.S. It is freaking windy here. I have never seen a winter here with NO moisture. The dirt is flying everywhere. I just know it is going to dump snow on us the minute my husband has a calf born.... that's Oklahoma
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So, date night story?
ReplyDelete