Sadly, it is almost over, but it was a good one. Friday was a stressful day with my daughter, but Saturday and today have been better.
Friday night I got to play Texas Hold em. Something I haven't gotten to do in quite awhile. I loaded up the baby and her high chair and toys and went over to the bunk house where my husband had rounded up 5 guys to play. The baby sat there and played with her toys and watched us play and was an excellent kiddo for mommy. It was still hard to pay attention to the game though. I was always watching her and playing pick up as she threw her toys on the ground. So, even though it was fun, it is hard to bet on peoples' poker faces and decide what kind of player they are on while playing with the baby. I kinda feel like a bad mother for taking her with me and keeping her out late, but there wasn't any smoking or anything, so maybe it was ok for mommy to have some fun.
Saturday, baby and I loaded up with dad and went to cake cows. The little one loves the cows. To watch her face and the look of complete amazement as the cows gather around the pick up and moo as they wait for the caker to start up. Then, as we drive off and leave the cows behind, she strains to lean over and see them until she can't see them anymore. It is adorable. We then left her with the MIL and loaded up and went to the city to eat. Although not really a date night because we went with his sister and bro-in-law, it was still fun. We ate at Red Lobster and went to the dance club and boot scooted a few. It was nice. BUT, the best part was....before we left... I got the baby to go to sleep in her play pen, and....nookie!! yeah. And the hubby even did a good job about being generous. Surprising, right?!
And today, I have made up some batches of baby food. Made bananas, peaches and a new one, green beans! Should be fun to try the green beans tonight. Needed to make new batches of sweet potatoes and carrots too, but I will have to try to find time for them this week. I have done 3 loads of laundry and still have about 2 to get done.
All in all, it has been a good weekend.
Oh, and hopefully a good week to come. Along with the 2 new patients I had last week, I already have two more new ones scheduled for this week! Big hopes for this being a very productive week! Hope it is for everyone else as well. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment