Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quickie

Just a quickie post! Hehe. Made you look though!

It has been a good week. Very busy, which is what I like. It snowed a bit on Monday. It was such a dry snow that it didn't cause any problems. I had 2 new patients on Monday and they were very nice people. A husband and wife. And all my appointments but one showed up so far this week, so that was good. I made more this past 2 weeks than I did all of Dec and Jan combined. Yeah!! That means I can pay rent and the phone bill!!!! And then operated another month!

Hubby had a poker game put together tonight. After I fed and bathed Baby I went over to play. She sat in her high chair for about an hour for me before getting fussy. She had a pretty long day with the babysitter so I knew I didn't have much time. I was maintaining my chip count and drew and A,K of diamonds (also called the "big slick"). Fussy baby, great cards=go all in. Went all in and one guy called. He had pocket Q's. The flop was a Q and two diamonds...dang! Close hand. I just need a diamond and I will beat him. No diamond and not a chance....Next card was something little and black. And the river...........................................don't remember but it wasn't a diamond. His 3 queens beat my possible flush.

That's ok. I would rather be beat by and exciting good hand than having to go all in just because ya are out of money. It was fun.

No patients scheduled for tomorrow, so I will take my time getting ready, drop Baby off at the sitter and go to the office. Need to grade some quizzes from my class and catch up on some files. Also need to label some x-rays.

Good night for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment