Last night, Baby played on the floor and was relatively happy! I missed my happy baby. She was fighting sleep at about ten o'clock, but I was exhausted. So I thought that maybe if I laid her down she would go ahead and give in. And she did. She slept from 10-3 with no fever and without waking up!! So wonderful. She woke at 3 to eat and was even able to breath well enough that she didn't have any hassles eating. She then went back to sleep!
She woke again at 6:30 to eat and get ready for the day. Sadly I had to suck out her nose this time for her to breath good enough. What a horrible thing to have to hold your child down and suck out her nose. It is torture. I can't believe she actually forgives me as soon as I am done. It has been 7 days since all of this started, so it must have been a cold along with her top teeth coming in. Colds usually go away after about 7 days. She still had a slightly runny/stuffy nose this morning and now has a little bit of a cough which I am sure is from all the mucus the last few days. But her eyes are bright and she is acting more and more like herself. :) So happy to be getting my baby back!
Many thanks to Dr. Drofen, my fellow Chiropractor who adjusted me while pregnant and my baby when she was born. He lets me call and ask questions and be scared. And then reassures me that I am right. I have all this education and I try to follow it, but I question myself. I don't know if I question myself because of my lack of experience with it or because it is my own child and people react differently when their own children are the ones that are sick? But anyway, Thank You Dr. Drofen for all the advice, reassurance and kindness that you have shown me. You are wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you! Very sweet things to say, and nice to hear them.
ReplyDeleteI know how tough it can be when it's your own kid. Plus it's your first--you're supposed to be freaked out. :)
I'm so glad to hear she's doing better. :)