Boy am I tired today. Last night was the worst night yet. Baby has been cutting her top teeth and began running a fever last Wednesday night. I stayed home with her on Thursday and Friday and she was in good spirits with only a low-grade fever. By Saturday she had a runny nose and by Sunday she was sneezing and rubbing her eyes. I had been using Tylenol only when needed for the pain and fever, but started some Benadryl yesterday to help her with the mucus. She was so miserable that she would give up eating due to the difficulty of breathing. The Benadryl has slowed down the runny nose, but she still looks like she feels miserable. She is such a little trooper though. She will be rubbing her eyes and sneezing, then look at you and see you watching her, and she will smile. She wants to be happy...at least during the day anyway.
Last night, due to the high fever and not being able to breath...man oh man! That was a new experience as a mother. I ended up spending the night in the recliner sitting up with her to try to help her out. She would try to sleep but was tossing and turning constantly. As a result, my right breast feels bruised due to her beating up on me all night. :(
Anyway, the fever finally went down this morning and she looked a little better, although still tired. I haven't texted the sitter today to see how she is. I am just hoping for the best and hoping for a good nights sleep tonight.
Hopefully soon these teeth will bust through and I will get my happy baby back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hope she's better! :)
ReplyDelete