Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am alive!

Hello blogger world. Seems like it has been forever since I have had time to post anything. Not that I have anything specific keeping me busy. So here is a run down of the last couple of days.

I had a slow week last week in my office, but have been keeping busy with my lesson plans and grading for my class, so it is not wearing on me emotionally too much. Financially, however...:) Sure could use some patients to come by the office!!

I take Fridays off and spend them being a full time mommy. This past Friday, baby and I loaded up and traveled to see the Great-Granny and Great Aunt. We all had lunch and did a little V-day shopping. It was nice to get out of my house and spend some time with some women. I don't have many friends here yet, so that was an enjoyable day.

The Hubby had put together a poker game so he was out late Friday night. I heard him come home about 2:30 am. I woke up to a very loud rustling sound. I sat up and watched as he drunkenly moved about the house. He had my valentines gift in a paper bag and the gift was a soap and candle set that was wrapped in that thick decorative plastic. So the sound that woke me was him pulling this gift out of the paper sack. I then smiled as he wandered about the house in the dark, in his underwear, holding this gift and in his drunken state, trying to decide the best place to leave it for me to see in the morning. :) It made me smile and I happily went back to sleep. I found it in the morning on the kitchen table. If you knew my husband, than you would understand that this is a rare, thoughtful and slightly romantic moment. We don't have many of those, so I appreciated it. Like I mentioned, the gift was a soap and candle basket. He had a lady in the shop help him pick it out. The candles are wonderful. The soap however...I am not a fruity-scented sort of girl. I tried using them but really don't like it. However, he is easily discouraged in the gift giving department, so I really don't want to hurt his feelings. I placed the soaps and lotions in the appropriate places, and plan on daily dumping of small amounts of it down the drain, so it looks used. :) He won't notice the scent not being on me, cause he just doesn't. This is maybe the second valentines in the 5 that we have had that I have received anything more than a "Happy Valentines Day", so I will do anything to not discourage future thoughtfulness!

Saturday was busy with laundry and my monthly baby food making. I made up a batch of strawberries, sweet potatos and squash. Still need to get to the bananas, carrots and broccoli. Will have to finish it this weekend. Saturday evening we loaded up and went to the S-I-L's house where we played cards and ate supper. It was a good day.

Sunday morning I got up and made puppy chow and got ready for the big NASCAR race. Yes, I am a NASCAR fan. It was the first race of the season so we all had to get together and party! My man got involved in a wreck and didn't finish great however. That's ok. Got plenty more to go. We got back to the house around 8 pm. Then the work began. Had to get Baby's bottles ready, supper fed bath done, all before bedtime! Busy busy!

Anyway. Back at the office today. No patients yet this week, and none scheduled...Yikes!! Gotta pay rent in 2 weeks and also have to file taxes. I am worried about the taxes. I haven't put any money back for them, so I could be in trouble...So, everyone out there reading this...think positive thoughts for patients to be walking in my door!!

Hope everyone is well.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO at drunken present hiding! LOL

    Sending good thoughts your way. You're going to have an great week at your practice!

    ReplyDelete