What a slow week. Last week was so good, and this week, 2 whole patient visits... dang. Let's hope for better next week.
So, the Hubby and I.... I think that due to it being winter and getting dark at 7:00, it is not a ridiculous thing to ask that he be home at a supper-time-like hour. Say 7:30? He seems to think that he needs to drive around and drink a 12 pack before coming home every night. That he needs time to wind down from his day. WHAT!? He gets up at 8-8:30. Leaves the house at 8:30-9:00 and walks out the door to his work. We live on the ranch. Then, he gets to come home and take his lunch, and often takes a nap. Then, thinks he needs to work till after dark cause he can't get everything done. I told him he needs to get up eariler, stop sleeping for 2 hours at lunch and then he would get done with work at a decent hour. That didn't go over real well. But, I wouldn't appreciate him telling me how to run my day either...
I am hurt that he feels he must drink before coming home. I am that bad? He says that he can't relax at home cause he has to walk in and entertain Baby as soon as he gets here. Yes! That's what happens when you have kids.
I was raised with a father that farmed and he managed to make it home every night for supper, unless it was harvest. That was the exception. I would understand Hubby not being home during harvest, or planting, or haying, but it is not that season right now. Can you please come home and be a part of this family? I moved back here to his hometown with reservations. The reservations have been confirmed. And I don't know how to fix it.
On another note, our dog that we have had for 5 years (in fact, the dog that Hubby would rather be with than me) was clipped by a semi yesterday. Crazy dog has 9 lives. When he was a puppy he was ran over by a pickup. As a young dog he fell out of the back of the pickup while it was going 60 mph. He was in a horrible dog fight when he was 3 and I had to patch him back together. He jumped out of the pickup in town a couple of months ago and ran around lost for 3 days before we found him. And now, he has been hit again. I moved all his limbs through their ROM's. Can't find anything broken. He does have one slightly swollen and tender front ankle. No broken ribs and seems to be no internal bleeding. No tenderness over the spine, so I hope no fractured vertebra. He did bite himself when he got hit, so he has swollen lips and a broken canine tooth. I am not sure yet if I need to haul him to the vet and have the tooth pulled. I think we will wait and see how he does this weekend. He has turned out to be a rather expensive dog these past 5 years. Maybe this will finally teach him not to chase vehicles.
So, this week has been rather crappy. No patients, fighting with the spouse, and a broken dog.
Next week HAS to be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ugh. I'm sorry!
ReplyDeleteWe'll talk more soon!