Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Annoyed

So, Baby is coming up on 9 months old now and she is still nursing (yeah us!).

What is annoying me though, is that everyone asks me if she is sleeping through the night. "No", I reply. And with this reply, I get a look of shock, or horror, or disbelief. Is it mandatory for me to make my child sleep all night? I am a working mother. My time that I get to be a mother is in the evening and at night. If I don't mind continuing our bond and nurturing at night, then why do you?

I enjoy our routine. It works for us. And even though she nurses at night, after she nurses, she goes right back to sleep and now even sleeps in her bassinet. She does wake up around 5 and wants to be back in our bed, so I place her in bed with us and she goes right back to sleep. The Hubby and I love her there. It is so sweet to wake up to a beautiful child sitting up, looking at you! She doesn't even cry. She just sits up in between us, and says "UH!". Like, "Wake up mom and dad, I am ready for the day!". It is just darling.

I am so thankful that I have a mind of my own, and parent as how I feel is best for me and the Baby. If I were to listen to the in-laws, or follow what the books say I think I would be very depressed.

Anyway...Just needed to vent.

4 comments:

  1. Next time say, "No we don't feed our child artificial foods (formula) that her body has a hard time digesting and causes her GI tract to move much more slowly than it should increasing her chance for food allergies, constipation, and malnourishment, just so she'll sleep the night."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!! That should shut em up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. Mine is now 14 months old and still not sleeping thru, and we're still nursing (to the shock and horror of some people, I'm sure). What a great loving gift we give our little ones, eh? Wonderful natural breastmilk, and night-time parenting! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! Yes, it is a wonderful thing that we give our children. It is amazing that so many people don't see it that way.

    ReplyDelete